Easy bake oven + 2 inches of space = my kitchen
I accepted the challenge, and I decided to make my favorite Chocolate Chocolate-Chunk Cookies! They are basically brownie cookies...does it get better than that??
DISCLAIMER: There is absolutely NOTHING healthy about these cookies...but as anyone who knows me well would tell you, I am a sucker for chocolately indulgent sweets. So, despite the fact that I usually try to "healthify" my recipes, I let these babies be, because they are perfect as they are! Just make sure to enjoy them at your own risk :-)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and 12 ounces (2 cups) of the chocolate. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth; let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the remaining 12 ounces (2 cups) of chocolate. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Drop mounds of the dough (about 1 heaping tablespoon each) 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges and cracked on the tops, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Oh, and did I mention that I ended up selling most of the cookies I received from the cookie swap in a bake sale at my medical school? I managed to raise an additional $150 for my Team in Training fundraising efforts! Consider this cookie swap a huge success!